violin 1940 Enrico Robella, Milan Italy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michael

michael

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 1998 - 04:16 AM

Thank you very much for your information. The label states that it is a copy of Ant. Stradivarius, Milano 1940. What is a possible price for this violin? Thank you very much!

P.S.: We bought the violin for $6000 Canadian in 1994.

#2 John

John

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 1998 - 01:49 PM

: Thank you very much for your information. The label states that it is a copy of Ant. Stradivarius, Milano 1940. What is a possible price for this violin? Thank you very much!

: P.S.: We bought the violin for $6000 Canadian in 1994.

Michael
My information on the Enrico Robella violins came from a three volume series of Violin Identification and Price Guides published in 1978 by Roy Ehrhardt, Heart of America Press, P.O. Box 9808, Kansas City Missouri 64134. In these books, he has pages with pictures and prices from catalogs of violin dealers dating back to 1890. According to the pages from the 1939 Catalog of the Progessive Musical Instrumet Co. of NYC, Enrico Robella (probably a German manufcturer) produced many different models ranging from student to professional grade and priced from $38.00 to $100.00. According the Ehrhardt, the estimated retail value of these instruments in 1978 would be from $300.00 to $600.00. My guess is that their value would be twice that amount now.
However, I would suggest you take your instrument to a reputable violin dealer and ask for an appraisal for insurance. This would give you a good idea of the retail value now. John

#3 Michael LO

Michael LO

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 January 1998 - 03:33 AM

My son has a violin with this brand, I would like to purchase insurance for it, I would like to know the recent value. Thanks!

#4 JohnT

JohnT

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 1998 - 11:28 PM

: My son has a violin with this brand, I would like to purchase insurance for it, I would like to know the recent value. Thanks!

It is possible that Enrico Robella violins, like many others with pseudo Italian origins, were made in Germany. They were generally of good quality and were produced in at least six different models. In 1939 Enrico Robella violins were selling here in the US for $38.00 to $150.00 depending upon the model. In 1975 the 1939 Robella violins were selling for $300.00 to $800.00, again depending upon the model. Today, they would probably be worth at least twice that ammount. John

#5 John

John

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 1998 - 11:23 PM

:
: : Thank you very much for your information. The label states that it is a copy of Ant. Stradivarius, Milano 1940. What is a possible price for this violin? Thank you very much!

: : P.S.: We bought the violin for $6000 Canadian in 1994.

: Michael
: My information on the Enrico Robella violins came from a three volume series of Violin Identification and Price Guides published in 1978 by Roy Ehrhardt, Heart of America Press, P.O. Box 9808, Kansas City Missouri 64134. In these books, he has pages with pictures and prices from catalogs of violin dealers dating back to 1890. According to the pages from the 1939 Catalog of the Progessive Musical Instrumet Co. of NYC, Enrico Robella (probably a German manufcturer) produced many different models ranging from student to professional grade and priced from $38.00 to $100.00. According the Ehrhardt, the estimated retail value of these instruments in 1978 would be from $300.00 to $600.00. My guess is that their value would be twice that amount now.
: However, I would suggest you take your instrument to a reputable violin dealer and ask for an appraisal for insurance. This would give you a good idea of the retail value now. John

Michael,
I just remembered that you mentioned purchasing this violin for $6,000 Canadian in 1994. Unless this was a special edition Enrico Robella Artist quality violin that originally sold for about $500.00, I would consider that price quite extravagant. My advice would be to search the internet for a listing of other Robella violins and/or if he was an authentic Italian maker.
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users