Photo

Does anybody know where to get a beautiful wood music stand?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kdgtchr

kdgtchr

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 March 2000 - 03:53 PM

I saw the most beautiful music stand made of wood in a violin shop some time ago. Ever since then I keep feeling like such a stand would be inspiring to work with--and I could also leave it out as decorative furniture. (I hate packing everything back up every time I practice.)
Our house has a formal dining room--which we're currently using for other purposes. My dh would like it to be the dining room someday--but I have other plans....baby grand, wall-to-wall bookshelves, (I already have the books!), and my lovely music stand. The latter seems most affordable at the time! Thanks!

#2 LBlake

LBlake

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 March 2000 - 03:56 PM

I'm not completely sure what you have in mind, but I have seen recently in the Shar catalog a wooden music stand that is portable, and seems pretty beautiful to me - it rolls up. Interesting, if not beautiful, at least! And, I am thinking it was wood, too. It's the one I would get if I could afford it! You might want to take a look, anyway.

Good luck in your search!

#3 Irish C

Irish C

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 March 2000 - 06:25 PM

My music stand is the five section metal type because I play standing up. I can appreciate the nice look of the wooden stands though.

[This message has been edited by Irish C (edited 03-18-2000).]

#4 kdgtchr

kdgtchr

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 March 2000 - 09:28 PM

Thank you GrandMacDuff!!! I think Alden (which had a free catalog offer) is exactly what I was hoping for!!! Now I'll have to wait for the catalog to come--they didn't list prices. Thanks so much for taking the time to link!

#5 CJ

CJ

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 March 2000 - 10:15 PM

I just happen to have a catalog handy! I asked my husband to make me a stand for my birthday and I got a catalog so he could get an idea of measurements. Progress on the stand hasn't started yet, but the stands run about $385 in the catalog. These aren't the most beautiful I've seen though. Just go to an internet search engine and type "wood music stands". That's how I found Alden Lee. I don't have the link but there is one guy that makes custom stands with music pattern cutouts on the "desk" part where you put your music. Those stands were truly lovely but I think they were about $500 and up.

#6 administrator

administrator

• Root Admin
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 March 2000 - 07:23 AM

I saw one that I really wanted but it was really expensive - by D'Estien, the one that rolls up.
mbh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users